Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Quiet Front

This blog has been the quiet front of my working sphere.

This past term has been huge in terms of face to face PD and expanding my use of Twitter, specifically #BFC630NZ and following some educational heroes (if I can call them that) online.  I have completed a CORE education course that introduced Te Reo to us and how to start using it more confidently in the classroom.  This was my most challenging PD - all about embracing the fear and doing it anyway.

Source: Twitter


I took part in a Best Practice Workshop for the Literacy Unit Standards and came away enthused, encouraged, confident and inspired to use this for our learners who need these to support their literacy learning.  It is an amazing way to gather natural evidence from across all subjects for the learners, and use work they are already completing rather than extra assessment tasks.



I hope to take part in a few more on-line webinars before the end of year - the bonus of these is if life happens (as it does) they are downloadable for a later time.  In the mean time, the seniors have final assessments to get in, I have final marks to record - and then sent off for verification - never a dull moment!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment