Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Growing & Daring

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” 
― H. Jackson Brown Jr.P.S. I Love You

So, I had one of those emails.  The ones that go something along the lines of .... there were 50 applicants, only so many spaces and unfortunately this time you were not chosen.  My reaction to missing out on the Educational Trip - slightly disappointed, but realistic.

What I am not disappointed about is the effort I put in.  I am glad I went through this process and it has highlighted several aspects of my professional development that could, well continue to develop. So ... plan forward - keep planning the unit that will build on the Asian links within my curriculum area.  I have had another look at what PD is most relevant and needed to support my students' growth also - and this is where I will continue to maintain focus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment