Saturday, March 5, 2016

Keep on Moving



“Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.” – Chinese Proverb

I just used this quote to conclude an application I was writing for an overseas educational opportunity.   It sums up where I am at the moment quite well.   I might not get all 29 days of writing done, I might not get all 44 weeks of 500 word reflections completed, BUT I am not standing still in my journey.  I am giving things a go - recognising when other life priorities step in,  being willing to recalculate and redistribute the amount of energy required for projects and most importantly, being able to focus on my family and my students.  

Not standing still also means keeping on dipping my toes into Twitter as my biggest PD and learning curve at the moment.  My favourite PLN is the #BFC630NZ chat - something I can contribute and gain motivation from at least a couple of mornings a week while the jug is boiling and the coffee making it's way up to the brain.  

So ... what are you growing slowly in - don't stand still, baby steps are still steps!!  My next step ... actually get to the #EdchatNZ challenge and record on the ipad or audacity.




No comments:

Post a Comment