Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Challenge Week Two

  1. Write a blog post about an education question/ challenge/wondering that you have or are facing. You don’t need to have the answer/solution.

My question: How can I use SOLO more effectively to enhance development of the Key Competencies within my curriculum areas and beyond ... I use SOLO in my junior (Y9/10) classroom with each unit, and do relate it to these areas for the students.

Source
For this term, I have created/adapted a variety of SOLO templates to come up with this for our Habitat Hero's unit.

Screen Shot 2013-12-10 at 10.42.10 AM.png
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/E4OAYg4gQbITncOxxL5tLiG1eyD6tZ2ZAQNUKwZmxA_F0X8BPUvlNNZciHEfMOz35w3KlT-cctmIbkIpG5V-f1juvjhQkwZvEE4g8goalUMAzQO7vbOTDTB221HOKPiZFMTvTaU
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/mZ1AUbjvy7vqTDP8NEIvpavi07DeLkzlHdabt3LakiT6juNPjJbYAXl_bJV-O1MkUtWXoorZ_k6Waqyl9s9DKZ0AHEzm_wULvNMPZsBflePtPAqfYJT3DtIpuAUVTiy4dXl9j2U
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/vnBS-hpm2incjPVtPoV5imtIL3U5EBycaa6EYXomW8ChXN9r_yrPjjkF3ezmjpooG-6mt5END4i8DKQasc1_oBLYIw-XPGy-A4iaMCuwRsfqm3AduVySKDyrXmV2fA0CzMBy-0U
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/raMS-bU7NcESmO0HPWLxy4uCplKWCgvA9x7041dbJgHYjmPKHl5-rJSvLbu9MYwNCKFznng_FltOIt2cfxE05vm6xie6VYjquoGsl5_6OsRGJDMD4kmBi5yQNLSFXpzjO707BSo
Relating To Others
Share ideas and listens
I need help to recognise and use listening skills
I sometimes listen to what others are saying
I listen to others most of the time and can respond to what they’ve said and may share a personal viewpoint.
I listen to others without interrupting and notice different points of view.  I can respond in appropriately (right time/context/situation)
I reflect on what I listen to and am prepared to change my own opinions.  
Co-operating with and accepting others
I need help to interact with and accept others.
I can sometimes interact with others and accept other people’s differences.
I recognise and accept everyone is different and can work with others to produce an end result.  
I make an effort to accept and co-operate with others.  I am aware how my words and actions will affect others.
I can reflect on how successfully I interact with my peers and adults.  I can effectively co-operate with others, accepting our differences.
Language Symbols And Text (LETTERS/REPORTS/SUBMISSIONS)
Uses technologies to access and provide information
I need help with digital technologies
I sometimes use digital technologies
I use technologies in appropriate situations
I effectively use a range of digital technologies to enhance my learning.


I can decide which digital technology will enhance my learning and I can use it confidently.
Selects appropriate LST to communicate verbally
I need help with speaking
I speak in class when asked, but reluctantly.
I can express ideas verbally in an appropriate manner with some confidence.
I can confidently express relevant ideas in a class situation   and can explain how they relate to a variety of situations.
I can confidently express my ideas in both classroom and wider situations.
Uses appropriate LST in written work
I need help with written work.
I can write sentences and paragraphs.
I can express ideas in my chosen written with some confidence and accuracy.
I can express relevant and connected ideas in an appropriate written format with confidence and accuracy, linking a variety of forms together if and when needed.


I can confidently and effectively express connected ideas in an appropriate written format.

I am not sure if this is exactly SOLO to the letter, but it is a starting point for me and my students.  

Please share what you are doing and helpful pointers cheerfully accepted :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment