Sunday, January 24, 2016

#oneword2016

Cultivate

cul·ti·vate

  (kŭl′tə-vāt′)
tr.v. cul·ti·vat·edcul·ti·vat·ingcul·ti·vates

4. To encourage or foster: cultivate a respect for the law. See Synonyms at nurture.

5. To acquire, develop, or refine, as by education: cultivating a posh accent.

.

[Medieval Latin cultīvārecultīvāt-from cultīvustilledfrom Latin cultuspast participle of colereto tillseekwel- in Indo-European roots.]

cul′ti·vat′a·ble adj.


In my plot for cultivation are:

  • Professional connections, especially via Twitter and other educational foundations.
  • Growth mindset in all my students.
  • Writing more about the professional reading that I do - creating a Google Doc with responses or highlighted aspects for other staff members.  I started this last year, but it has been slow to take off.
  • Academic connections for my students.  I am going to look at using connections such as #NZreadaloud and Skype for providing more authentic and meaningful reading and writing.
Source: Google Images - labelled for reuse.


No comments:

Post a Comment