Saturday, February 13, 2016

Shaky ground

Another earthquake has hit Christchurch and I just wanted to send calm and thoughts to those who are once again transported back to five years ago.  I have some amazing friends in the city - and while I want to get on the phone right now and check, I know they are safe - so not much point clogging phone/cell lines.

These things do pop us back onto shaky ground again.   It reminds me of how even in teaching, we think we have things sussed (have worked out a strategy to cope with X student or applied a certain way of teaching/learning) and then boom, something happens (again) and we get to re-try and re-apply and re-grow ourselves.  I know Christchurch will NEVER give up, and I also know that myself and other educators I know will NEVER give up on re-trying, re-applying and re-learning for ourselves if needed.  Sometimes shaky ground is good for us as educators - but please Ruaumoko (god of earthquakes and volcanos) not for Christchurch now.

No comments:

Post a Comment